Friday, July 29, 2011

The Little Things That Matter...

It has been a long time since i have blogged.  I'll try not to let that be a regular habit--ha.  This last week has been pretty swell.  I have been working 6 hours everyday which has proved successful at keeping me busy.  I seriously have not been home more than 5 hours at a time...and that is to sleep.  Work has been successful though and i greatly appreciate that!  I got caught up on the Bachelorette, read some conference talks, and got set up on a date.  I've never been set up on a "blind date" type thing before, but let me just say--awkward!  He was a really cool guy though, and i got a second date, so it must have gone well :)

I have had some interesting talks with the fellows i work with.  I found out that, Abe, one of the guys i work with was in my home ward last year.  We knew we both looked familiar to one another and finally figured it out.  I remembered his baby cause she was the adorable one who always had these big flowers in her hair.  So cute!

Chris and the gang are here in Rexburg.  On Wednesday Alison brought the kids to Mo and Alicia's house and man, oh man.  My heart was so happy.  I haven't seen those guys in over a year.  I miss them more than i can ever describe.  Parker has gotten to be such a young man--who has Justin Bieber hair...
He gives the best hugs.  Every time he sees me he just wraps his arms around me, squeezes tight and doesn't let go.  I cherish those hugs.

We (Mo, Alicia, Tanner, Brayden, McCall, Alison, Parker, Ashton, Avery, Driggs, Me) all had hot dogs and watermelon and sat outside and enjoyed the summer weather--it was SO swell.  After dinner Mo was jumping on the tramp with the kids and it was so precious.  It hasn't been like that in a long time.  It was funny cause a phrase i heard a lot that night was, "No kicking the junk!" hahahahahaha, Ashton apparently used that as his fighting/wrestling tactic.  
Then on friday, the switch-a-roo happened when Chris and his people came and got the kids.  I unfortunately missed that part seeing as i had to work at 5am-11am.  But i drove to Idaho Falls after i got off work---i even forgo-ed my nap!!  But when i got there no one was to be found.  So i went to the mall and walked around.

Dangerous idea that was.  Maurices had a HUGE sale and i wanted to buy everything! but i didn't buy anything--i was very proud of myself.  Wet seal was having a sale on tank tops though and i needed more since mine are like 5 years old and gaining new holes everyday.  Then i called Aaron to "Shoot the BREEZE" and he helped me pick out a book at Barnes and Noble because they were on sale for like 5 bucks.  Poor guy, he is such a good sport.  I seriously read him like 15 book synopsis' trying to find one that would interest me.  I finally found one that is called, "voluntary madness."  

The basis of it is quite unusual.  The author is a women who, in her trying to write a book called "self-made mad," became a man for 18 months.  Very strange, but this ended up messing with her head so bad that she ended up in the "loony bin."  Here is where this book that i bought begins.  It's ironic because i want to work in a mental hospital when i become a social worker.  I have the gift of patience--according to my PB--and so that will help greatly in my future career...which i can't wait to get to!!

Anyways.  Then i went to my brothers house and watched some Scooby-Doo with Tanner and McCall and Alicia. 



McCall is my little buddy.  I like her, she likes me--it works.  She has these brilliant blue eyes and this awesome red hair---she is a gorgeous babe and she is not even 2 years old yet :)

We played outside and had some snacks.  I tried cheese wiz from a can for the first time--not half bad.  I liked it a lot. 

Then, unfortunately, i had to leave for my date thing.  Right as i was leaving Chris and all the kids got there.  Bummer.  I really want to hang out with all of them.  Chris and i hugged, awkwardly--agh--and then i went home.  We shall see what happens in the next two days.
  
Here are two of the cutest boys you will ever see in your life...
And here is one of the chubbiest little almost 2 years olds that you will ever meet.  I was telling Alison that i thought it was cute how he stuck his butt out when he walked, and she said, "oh hunny, he's not sticking it out, that's just how it is!" hahaah




I'll keep this thing updated on the family and the boys.  Date on Saturday--we'll see how that goes.  It may be the end, may be nothing, may be---well who freakin knows??? hahaha

2 comments:

  1. Did you get to see Avery? No pictures or mention of her. I'm glad you got to see everybody-if only for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. And that is true and very sad. I hope to see them again--hopefully--before they leave and ill get one with her. She is like my favorite one. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete