Monday, July 18, 2011

Kind of a bummer...

So I was chatting with my mom.  And I was telling her how when I come home for those short few days in August I would like two things.  1. An appointment with our hair stylist because my hair has not been cut in months! and 2. To go to the temple with dad to do baptisms for the dead.  I wanted to go back with him.  He--along with my dear mother--has been most wonderful, helpful and supportive to me in these past 5 or 6 months.  So who more fitting to go back with then him?  The unfortunate part is that the Denver Temple closes in early August and wont open again until October.  I could wait until I go home in December but that is much too long.  I have already waited too long and I want more than anything to go. So, it is what it is---just kind of put a damper on my mood temporarily.
Denver, Colorado Temple

This Temple has been such a great comfort to me throughout my life time.  I remember primary activities where we would go and just have a lesson or service project outside the temple.  And the numerous temple baptisms that I was able to be a part of.  Even just simply driving there and sitting outside while I try to organize my thoughts and make decisions.  As of late, that has been a big priority of mine--although not with the Denver temple--to walk to the Rexburg Temple and just sit outside.  Putting aside whatever that day has brought me and talk to my Heavenly Father.  Those have been wonderful experiences that I do indeed cherish.


I feel blessed to have lived so close to a temple all my life, and continue to still.  That is something I wish to never take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment