Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You Are My Sweetest Downfall...

To start--Regina Spektor is amazingggggg. Here is another song from her called "Samson."  I absolutely love this one. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p62rfWxs6a8 ) So listen and enjoy :)

Also, today was my last day of Book of Mormon class with Brother Pyper--way sad day--I love that class!  He was a terrific teacher and I hope to take another class from him soon.  (I would imagine that his marriage prep class would be one for the books hehe).  Anyways, he taught us about "greenie theory" today in the last few minutes of class.  The basis of this theory is that the Lord takes us out of our comfort zone in order for us to grow.  When we are in elementary school, 6th grade to be speccific, we are on top of the world.  But then we go to middle school and we are a "greenie" middle schooler.  Then we get to be in 8th grade and are on top again, but then we are thrust into high school and become a "greenie" high schooler.  You see where this is going, yes? So then there is the traditional use of "greenie" when a missionary is new to the field.  Then there is a "greenie" returned missionary, a "greenie" newly wed couple, "greenie" parents with their first child, "greenie" grandparents, and then you die.  But oh you just wait, it's not over yet!   When you die, you are a "greenie" newly dead person, and then when you--hopefully--go the Celestial kingdom and become a God, there are people who became Gods before you, and so you are now a "greenie" God.  You see.  The Lord is always making us grow--even until the end.  It was an interesting theory; I rather enjoyed hearing about it.  Plus brother Pyper is just really funny and so it was quite entertaining :)

Then I was preparing for my Teachings of the Living Prophets class--yes I was very enriched with religion classes this semester--I read this talk by Elder Neil L. Anderson
It is called "Preparing the World for the Second Coming."  He is mainly talking to the priesthood holding young men that are expected to serve missions at 19 years old butttttt, I of course applied it to myself.  As of late, i've been thinking more and more about going on a mission.  And more and more I have gotten the feeling that I need to stay open to the idea.  There has not been any "aha! moment or any serious personal revelation--yet--that has told me that I WILL go on a mission when I am 21, but I do want/need to stay open to the possibility.  There were a couple lines from this talk that just really struck me.  I shall share with you :)
1. "These are days of great opportunity and important responsibilities. These are your days."
2."One of the greatest miracles of missionary service in this church is that Sid Going and thousands just like him have not asked, "What will I get from my mission?" but rather, "What can I give?"  
3. "The sun never sets on righteous missionaries testifying of the savior."
So....whether it be when I am 21 or when I am old and gray with my sweet husband, I will have the opportunity to serve a mission; and grateful I am for such an opportunity to help others prepare for the Second Coming.

Now this next picture--oh man, oh man.  I LOVE IT!  Kayla Freaking Thomas is just the best.  We were sitting and talking about how Bekah was like a fussy baby all day, and then we talked about my date, then we made jokes about our friend in Maryland dating this girl Kayla knew, and then Brea just came up and tussled Kayla's hair rather aggressively.  This was the result...
How could you not love a face like that? Well i'll tell you--it's impossible not to.  She is fantastic, and spectacular.  I really am going to miss her.  I will have no one to be crazy with late at night...i'll have to be mature alwaysssss. Boring.  But yes, if you were having a bad day before you saw this picture, I hope this helped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment