Saturday, July 16, 2011

Don't Need Anyone, Standin In My Sun...

Clean checksssss.  I woke up very early this wonderful Saturday--to Clean.  Nicole and i were going to go to Rigby Lake, but then decided that next week would be more preferable.  Great. I woke up early for nothing.  But no matter; i got all my cleaning done, then showered and got ready, and Nicole and I made french Toast and watched "Stardust."  What a fun movie! I forgot how much I liked it.

Then Carly and i went and got some Teriyaki Express.  Let me just say---holy lots of yummy food!  I seriously got FOUR meals for $6. Shweet.  Then i came home and watched an episode of "What about Brian" and ate my savory food.   Then of course, with a full tummy, a clean house, and a long night of work ahead of me, I headed off to bed for a nap.  It was so great.  One of those naps where you fall asleep in one position, and wake up in the same position and can't figure out what time of day it is until like 15 seconds after your alarm goes off.  

So then i got to work.  I saw my friend Taylor who ended up staying and working that shift with me--seems like a nice thing yes, but his motives were less than sincere--a good guy all the same :)

I've only ever worked with Taylor two other times but I'd have to say i rather enjoy it.  We seem to talk a lot.  Anything from dating habits to Gospel principles.  You name it--its probably been brought up in conversation.  Tonight we talked about the difference between "Judging" and "Discerning."  It was rather enlightening--Taylor likes to ask a lot of hard questions to really get you thinking.  I appreciated the insight.  



Then we talked about our happiest moments, and the things we enjoy doing most of all.  My happiest moment as of yet, was 6 years ago when i was sealed to my loving parents.  It was merely a glimpse of what I'll some day have when I marry my very worthy priesthood holder :)  I obviously did not understand all the proceedings of the experience, but i remember how i felt, and i of course understood the significance.  I am so thankful that families can be together not only in this life, but in the next.  

My most favorite "activity" --if you can call it that-- was relationships.  I decided that that is something I am good at.  I like caring for people.  I like doing the little things that let them know I am thinking of them and that I care.  As well, I like being there for the big things--both happy and sad.  I'm a comforter--even when I don't know what to say.  I like to make people feel like they can confide in me.  That I take them as they are and they don't have to act any certain way away around me.  They can just be themselves and feel comfortable with that.  I like to be real with people--i believe that sincerity is crucial, especially in relationships but in life in general.  I believe many important things stem from the relationships you have.

My relationship with my dad has been monumental.  Had we not been as close and connected as we were/are, I would be a completely different person today.   I am molded after him in many different aspects--mostly good--and I know that stems from our relationship as I grew up.  

I also believe that the memories we cherish most are great benefactors of the relationships we have.  As I think back about some of my fondest memories, they are the ones created with people I was closest to.  My mom, my dad, my brother, my sister, my best friend, my first love--all important memories that I feel would not have been important were it not for the relationship that was in place.   

So like I may have mentioned--pretty successful night at work.  I like thought provoking conversations and questions, and boy did I get just that tonight!

Tomorrow is Sunday.  Usually my friend Jesse and I have Hot Coco Sunday, but with finals and all we might not have it, I guess we'll see.  I'll try to find something more interesting to photo document.  These last few posts have been rather----unfortunate.  But soon, very soon I will have posts of epic proportions!---maybe. Especially when I go to DC.  Oh man, Oh man! I cannot even tell you how excited I am for that trip! :))

Here is the song for today.  It is from "The Proposal."  Maybe the movie is a little sketch--ya.  But rather hilarious too.  Don't Judge.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wez59kjsPk

No comments:

Post a Comment