Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wise Words



“You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must be spread to others.”


I feel as thought this is something I have been struggling with the past few weeks.  I am good. I see myself as a good person who doesn't really do too many bad things--whew!--but, that is just not enough.  I've been thinking about how i could extend that farther, how I could be more proactive and what not.  Then the answer just kind of fell into my lap.  Among many other things, i realized that I need to be doing good for others. like President Hinckley has said, "The world must be a better place for [my] presence."  Every day is an opportunity for us to share our goodness with others--then why do most of us not take that opportunity?  For me I am just plain intimidated.  I want more than anything to be something wonderful in someone's day, but at times my pride and fear get in the way.

Nonetheless, I was happy to have come across these wonderful words from such a sweet man to remind me of things i already know---but that seem to slip my mind often.

No comments:

Post a Comment