Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm A Fan...

...Of this being happy thing.

So since i've made some changes--which will remain personal and unspoken for right now--i've become so much happier. 

It's only been a couple days--but i can see a difference just from baby steps.

I think i was trying to fix everything at once. Maybe pretend it all never happened...?  I'm not entirely sure.  But that would make the most sense.  

The hurt, the pain, the whole repentance process is challenging; it is emotionally draining; it is terrifying.....or so one is lead to believe.  The only terrifying part is starting, getting through that first step and letting go of whatever it is that has been holding you back.  The hardest part is realizing that you need help, that you cannot do it alone. The hardest part is turning yourself over to a being so perfect--one you feel should not have to suffer for your stupidity and selfishness--and letting him carry the burden.  Its hard--so incredibly hard, but nonetheless critical.

I'm thankful for this day. I'm thankful for my ability and the opportunity to right the wrongs. I'm thankful for the love of my heavenly Father and my earthly parents.  

Most of all, today, i am thankful for the sincerity of children. Their joy is so genuine, their thoughts and words so blunt and true. Their innocence is something to be cherished. I'm thankful for the tiny humans and the lessons they teach me without straying one bit from their normal behavior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment