Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm On The Edge Of Glory...

Gosh. Tonight--interesting.  For the first time in quite a while i was legitimately offended.  I know we choose to be offended but goodness, i was seriously unhappy.  Relationships and such are my thing.  Like that is something that i am really good at.  I like caring for people and being the rock that people can lean on.  I am a good girlfriend, dare i even say great.  Ask anyone. I am fiercely faithful and do whatever i can to build my relationships on trust--so when what's his face continues to go on about how i would not make a good spouse in the future and that the way i conduct myself in relationships is wrong and unfaithful---ya i got a little pissed.   great night--until that little spat.  I'm not a grudge holder, but this was just a little unsettling. 

But then, i got to thinking.  Breakups are harsh. People say mean things.  Things that cut deep.  I don't want to deal with that. It hurts. I'm scared. I'm tired. I don't want to do it---not right now anyways.  Besides, after this semester---the one that started out so successful--i need to learn to be happy solely with myself again.  All this second guessing myself and wondering what's wrong with me that i'm not good enough crap has got to go--as well as those individuals who have helped to instill those ideas in my head. 

I realize that this post seem super dramatic and like i hate the world, but never fear.  I'm still happy. I still love people. I am still very thankful for my experiences and the lessons learned from them.  Each day i become a stronger more capable Katy--and for that i am grateful.  This was just a bit of venting--which is what a blog can be good for right?? Right.

"Edge Of Glory" by Lady Gaga ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ )

No comments:

Post a Comment