Sunday, April 8, 2012

Today...

I was super bummed that i had to work easter sunday--a sunday at all really. I woke up late, and was 30 minutes late to work--crap.


But the day went by decently fast. I simply did sudoku all day (thanks to tanner, my 7 year old nephew, teaching me how).


I was talking to Taryn about recent events. She said she was proud of me for sticking up for myself. I am proud of me for sticking up for myself, too.  I have never really done that--especially with someone i liked so much. 


....then i had the audacity to start doubting myself.  Did i over react? I let it happen last time, why not that time? was i unfair?


NO! Taryn assured me that what i did was in fact the RIGHT thing to do, and no one could take that small triumph away from me.  


That Tiny Victory was good for me--granted the result hurts like......well....hell.........but i can live with that.  I stood up for myself. I stood up for what was right. I stood up for my happiness. I stood up for my future--i want more than that.  


In a strew of many hard days (already passed, and yet to come) today was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment